Pages

Wednesday 10 August 2011

"The sky is everywhere" by Jandy Nelson: guest post by Melissa (13)

Melissa, of Clydebank High School, enjoyed this book and shared the following review:
The sky is everywhere. The title doesn’t give much away but when you start to read this book I promise you, you will not be able to put it down. Lennie Walker, now sisterless, is our heroine. After the tragedy of her older sister Bailey’s death, Lennie is dreading going back to school but Gram (Lennie’s grandmother) tells her it will be good for her and to Lennie’s surprise it is, in one way. She gets to meet Joe, new boy and seriously gorgeous - is he the boy that can make all better? Or, to Lennie’s horror, Bailey’s boyfriend, Toby?
I really love this book. When I first read it I was off school and I really couldn’t put it down. At the start of each chapter there is a picture of something that Lennie has written on, she ether writes a conversation she has had with Bailey or a poem and it just makes the book even more special. The way the book is written is so compelling and made me (nearly) cry and laugh out loud all the time! I’ve read this book many times now and it only gets better every time I read it. If you want a good holiday book this is it and I would recommend it anyone at any age.
If this inspires you to read the book, here's its catalogue record so you can borrow it from this library.This is the only title we have by Jandy Nelson, but the slideshow below shows others that are available. I'll need to look at buying some more!

No comments:

Post a Comment