Pages

Friday 22 November 2013

Pop-ups on display at the National Library of Scotland

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Haunted-House-Jan-Pienkowski/dp/1844288749/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1385048879&sr=1-1&keywords=jan+pienkowski&g4s_red=true&tag=g4s-ref8720-21This is definitely on my to-do list; an exhibition of pop-up books from the 19th to the 21st centuries has opened this week at the National Library of Scotland.  The Library's website gives a historical over-view with some illustrations to whet your appetite, and STV's news report has a short video showing one of the books opening out - into a paper model of Hogwarts! I think my favourite pop-ups are Jan Pienkowski's, Haunted House for example, though I don't know if there are any in the exhibition. I'll be popping over to Edinburgh soon to find out.

PS January 2014: I visited this exhibition last week and, yes, Haunted House is there.

No comments:

Post a Comment